Block Trade Messaging Update
Sun 21 Apr 2019
Please refer to ASX Notice 0391.19.04 for further information.
ASX is updating the way that multi-leg Block Trade strategies are reported to the market from the ASX24 system.
Text and news messages will contain additional information including:
- Deal Number - this can be used to link messages when split into multiple lines
- Number of legs included in the headline message
- Correct prices and volumes for each leg with the Block Trade
Here is a sample message:
- "Block Trade DealNo 850001 Reg'd @ 10:53 - "6 Legs to follow"
- "DealNo 850001 Legs BNM913500P email@example.com, BNM91150P firstname.lastname@example.org, BNU913000P email@example.com,"
- "DealNo 850001 Legs BNU911000P firstname.lastname@example.org, BNU9 email@example.com, BNM9 firstname.lastname@example.org"
Each line would be disseminated as a separate news or text message.
The CDE environment will be updated ready for Monday 29 April with the new functionality. ASX will announce a production release date after consulting with customers. ASX will generate multi-leg Block Trades on CDE so that customers can test with the new message format without having to enter Block Trades of their own.